Do Ya Ever Feel Like This....
Work Stress, Home Stress, Emotional Stress, Man Stress... Where does the stress end? Honestly?
Do you ever feel like you are so bogged down, if not by work, then by your emotions, that you don't even want to get out of bed on your days off?
I promise, you're not the only one, and there are ways to work with it.
It would be great if there were 28 hours a day.. Just a little extra time!
But we are working with 24, so lets see what we can do.
Here are a list of things that help me when I feel overwhelmed:
- Nourish your body! (90 % of serotonin is produced in your gut - having trouble with depression? Try cleaning up your diet!)
- Wake up 30 minutes earlier so you're not rushing out the door.
- Make your morning special - a cup of tea outside, watch the sunrise, take a walk, do some yoga, write in your journal - Whatever you want, that time is yours - cherish it.
- Do Some Yoga - seriously, it works. (Check out my class after a long day in the office! Tuesday & Thursday @6:30pm at the Station House in Downtown St Pete, Fl)
- Get Outside! & Walk around Barefoot in some really soft grass... Science has shown that there is a neurological effect on the body when we place our hands and our feet on the ground - it automatically soothes the system.
- Write Out Your Frustrations!! (don't keep them bouncing around in your head)
- Take yourself out on a date - treat yourself. From Appetizer - Desert - Don't wait for someone else to do it.
- Take an epsom salt bath, light some candles, and put on your favorite music.
- Get a professional massage (If you're in st. pete, visit synergy studios!)
- Cry, laugh, dance (try it all at the same time)
- Stop what you're doing, and gaze up at the sky - give yourself 5 minutes and see how your thoughts melt away, and the little girl inside gets to come out to play.
- Communicate clearly with those who are causing your emotional stress (even if you have to write them a letter first, and read it back to them.)
- Take a walk (simple, but very effective) - get some Vitamin D to heal your body from on OVERLOAD OF FLUORESCENT LIGHTING!
- Last but not least, BREATHE, deeply, softly, maybe add some essential oils to the mix.
The List Could Go On.. & It will.
But for now, Give these action steps a try <3
A Lot of times, we let our emotions get in the way..
But lets be honest - we don't have time for that.
So I invite you to let go of the stress that no longer serves you.. because you don't need it. It's as easy as declaring that you've let it go... I promise.
See what happens ;)